The Official Forum of The Grail Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranch animal - Horse

+2
Helfdane
Keliha Greyson
6 posters

Go down

Ranch animal - Horse Empty Ranch animal - Horse

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 pm

At the Town Ranch you can choose to have up to 3 ranch animals at a time. Horses are one of them.
Others are | Chicken | Cow | Horse | Pig | Sheep |

Ranch animal - Horse Horse
The price of a horse is determined by the Town Council

Food: No special feed required
Lifetime: Does not age but can die of Hunger or can be killed in combat
Produce: None

You need: Lots of money... Twisted Evil

Special:
1. Feeding or training increases your Horse attitude.
2. A horse can be trained for 100 times (in 100 days)..
3. Each Training session costs 50 Stamina. (Less as the horse attitude increases)
4. Once the horse is trained totally, you can 'upgrade' it to a follower horse.

Special Benefits of Follower horse :
1. Stays with you wherever you go and forever (except when killed in combat)
2. Does not disappear when you go into towns, monastery.
3. Follower horse can give a stamina reduction while travelling everywhere except in water
4. They aid in battle by giving you the option to charge with a lance (and maybe other long distance weapon) on your foe and do massive damage.
5. While mounted, horses also give you extra protection against enemy hits. However there will be a chance that your horse gets hit and killed during battle.
6. The chance that the horses get killed is rather small and can be further reduced by equipping your horse with some extra protection.

Description of the horse as a follower
Ranch animal - Horse 1
War Horse - Personal Followers
Class: Animal
Effect: Your warhorse will make traveling across the map much more easy. Your horse also may be a good assistant in some battle situations.

See Guide to All Followers for more info on followers and the War Horse as a follower.

Last edited by JpRagavan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 am; edited 8 times in total

Back to top Go down

Ranch animal - Horse Empty Re: Ranch animal - Horse

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 pm

More info is needed! Please fill in with whatever you can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 pm

I added some info from the Horsies yay! thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keliha Greyson Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Do horseshoes or the champron do anything yet? (I noticed the recipe for barding no longer needs a champron).

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Helfdane Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:56 pm

Does a horse have HP, or can it simply be instantly killed in a stroke of bad luck?

If that is the case....that is ridiculous for the cost it takes to buy and train one. If we're going with realism over functionality, we may as well have our characters permanently die when we're killed as well.

Can you dismount your horse at any point?
Helfdane
Helfdane
Seeker

Number of posts : 1107
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JpRagavan Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Afaik, Horses dont have HP.
However, they can die in 2 ways...
> Starvation (before it becomes a follower)
> In battles (after it becomes a follower)

Iirc, Aro said that the chance of a horse dying in battle is very low. It can be further reduced by equipping extra protection like champron to the horse Smile

No Idea about dismounting >_>

JpRagavan
Seeker

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:25 am

Yep, war horses do not have HP, and normal horses can die due to starvation and slaughter (had to do one of each). You cannot dismount your horse, unfortunately... If you make your horse a war horse (follower) they're with you permanently, so they only way to sell a trained horse is by not making it a war horse once its trained.

As far as dying in battles... I've heard there's a chance, and I know there is supposed to be. I honestly don't think its active right now, but it might be. I have personally never had an issue with my war horse, which I've had for probably over two years, I've been in hundreds of battles, and I've died a good 20 or so times. If there is a risk of dying, I'd say its negligible.

But if you're asking if its worth the price... It probably takes a very long time to get your money's worth off a trained horse, so I mean, it might not meet up with its value. It really depends on how much you travel, too, after a very long time, you'll often see yourself traveling on roads for 1 stamina, instead of 2 with a horse. Personally, I love having a horse and it comes in handy, since I'm easily able to make it across towns while still ending up with quite a bit of stamina left over in one day, the trip would, without a horse, take two days of stamina.

So, unless you have to go across the map to be a merchant or to mine or you like to fight or do quests a lot, a horse probably isn't the best investment if you're low on money. But hey if you're pretty well off, there's not much else to do with a lot of extra cash (except add fields and ranch spots now) so you might as well get one, right?

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Arogandor Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:33 am

When a Horse is on your ranch it can die just like the other animals:
- Slaughter it.
- Let it starve to death.

When this happens you sure did make a bad investment and will not be refunded.

Once you trained your horse you can upgrade it to become a follower from you (as long you don't already have one. If that is the case you can only sell your horse on the animal market). When your horse became a follower you will never loose it (except maybe due a bug, in which you of course report this to me Smile)

In the current combat your horse can't die. There is 0% chance that this happens. In the new combat this won't happen neither. Your horse will give you protection and will be threaten as an expansion of your character, not as an individual.

Horses give you:
+ 1 stamina reduction while moving on the map.
+ 1 stamina reduction while moving on your map depending on your riding skill.
+ 1 assist you during combat. Doing damage to your foe (current version).
Lord Arogandor
Lord Arogandor
Game Master/Owner

Number of posts : 2995
Registration date : 2008-09-19

https://thegraillords.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Hey guys who have a champron...! What are its benefits? Smile
Harold
Harold
Seeker

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Ackland Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:14 am

I do... And as far as I know, no benefits yet. Supposed to at least in the future give an attack bonus and/or decrease chances of dying.

Axel Ackland
Seeker

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:14 am

Ok thanks Smile I'll wait for news to make an investment. It's... quite an investment!
Harold
Harold
Seeker

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Keliha Greyson Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm

From what I heard awhile ago, the plan was champron was armor that reduced the chance of your mount dying each hit.  At the time the plan seemed to be "It's either dead or alive" in each round, and a champron would reduce the dead chance.

That said, I hope that would be changed.  Even if we don't say "MAJIC!" not all injuries for a war horse are guarenteed death or maiming.  It's quite possible for various major wounds to be recovered from given time.  Now, if you chop off a leg or gouge out it's heart with a pike sure, it's lost.  Among other potential injuries that leave it useless for a war mount even if alive(Humans are incredibly resilent physically even without modern medicine).  But the dead or alive system seems a bit extreme.  I would at least include a third status of "Injured" that allows recovery.

But this probably isn't the best place for that discussion.

Keliha Greyson
Seeker

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down